Every year we welcome the chance to meet promising new business owners who apply for WSWE’s PRISM Scholarship. The winner, chosen from a field of well-qualified applicants, receives a free annual membership to WSWE – a $240 value! – plus a full year of one-on-one mentoring sessions with the members of her choice, based on her unique needs.
Congratulations to Tanesha Watkins, our PRISM Scholar for 2016-17! Tanesha is the founder of Tee Tee’s Treats & Sweets in Oak Park, the creator of luscious custom cakes, cupcakes and other delicious desserts, delivered to your home or business. We look forward to giving her our best advice all year long.
Apply for the PRISM Scholarship
We accept applications year-round, so feel free to send yours anytime. All applications will be evaluated by the PRISM Scholarship committee. The deadline for 2017-18 applications is Monday, May 15, 2017.
Candidates chosen for further consideration will be required to attend an informal meeting with PRISM committee members. The new PRISM Scholar will be chosen by the committee and introduced at WSWE’s Annual Meeting & Dinner in June.
Before you apply, please note:
- If you are the founder or owner of a woman-owned company that has launched within the last 2 years in the west suburban Chicago area, you are eligible to apply for the PRISM Scholarship. (For this purpose, woman-owned means that you have a majority ownership interest in the new company.)
- Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 15, 2017. (How to apply – see below).
- All applicants will be asked to meet with the WSWE PRISM Scholarship Committee, either at a regular monthly meeting or at a mutually convenient time to be arranged with the committee and the scholarship candidate.
- PRISM Scholars are expected to attend regular monthly meetings throughout the year (with reasonable allowance made for special circumstances such as illness). Meetings take place on the third Thursday of each month, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Only candidates who can commit to attending most meetings should apply for the scholarship.
- WSWE will notify the scholarship winner by phone no later than Thurs., June 1.
- The winner will be announced at our Annual WSWE Members Dinner and Meeting on Thurs., June 15.
- The new scholar will become a member of WSWE effective July 1st and be introduced at our regular July meeting.
- PRISM Scholarship requirements and awards are at the sole discretion of the PRISM Scholarship Committee. Requirements may be modified over time to better serve both the scholars and the organization. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.